Thursday, November 17, 2011

....Mommy of Two...

I know, I know, here’s my more recent update! As of this year I am a mother of two! WOW does that sound super crazy! I am now known as “Noah’s Mommy” or “Wyatt’s Mommy”. I never thought that I would be so proud to have that as my title, but I am. The anxiety levels I had going from a child to children was ridiculously high. I didn’t know how I could or would do it. I remember being in the hospital after my c-section with Wyatt and holding him and how at peace I felt. My mother in law later brought Noah to visit and meet his new brother and the peace I felt flew out the window. I remember, the kid that was once my baby boy, walking through the door and my emotions were uncontrollable. His hands were so big, his legs were so long and his feet didn’t fit in the palms of my hands anymore. Where had time gone? All that time I saw Noah as a little baby (he was 2). He walked through that door and might as well been 18 years old with a beard and a girl friend. He was all grown up in my eyes. I just felt my heart break. I almost felt as if I had replaced him with a new baby. Noah wanted nothing to do with baby brother Wyatt as he calls him. He just wanted the parent that wasn’t tending to baby brother Wyatt. Once Wyatt started to crawl this all began to change. Wyatt was now able to take treasured toys, blankets, pull Noah’s hair, try to climb on Noah, and chase him around the house. SomeONE did not like that. Wyatt wants to be just like Noah. If Noah sometimes will play and talk to Wyatt and when he does, you hear the sweetest giggles out of both of them. It makes my heart smile to see Noah playing peek-a-boo with Wyatt.
I must say that Wyatt is a wonderful baby, he suffers from what I call second baby syndrome. He is the most laid back, happy. easy going baby I have ever been around. He loves to sleep at night and sleep all night long like a rock. What parent doesn’t like that? Especially when their almost 3 year old cant seem to make it through the night with out the monsters in his room attacking him or the “thunder” from the rain storm in his dreams waking him up. Oh the imagination that kids have.
I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would be here. I am married to a wonderful man of God. He is the best father to our children, one of which is his twin. He sacrifices daily for us, and for that I will be forever grateful. I am so in love. I am the mother to two little boys; one who has the craziest imagination and the other one who has the craziest hair of any almost one year old I have ever seen! Hehe This might not have been how I had imagined my life, but once again, God has proven me wrong and had something way sweeter in store for me than I had for myself.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Too sweet, Carrie! Isn't it amazing how God takes all of our preconceived notions of how life is supposed to play out, and turns them into something so much better and sweeter! We never imagine how all of the pieces of the puzzle of our life will fit together, but I'm so grateful God is standing on the other end of the story and sees the puzzle of our life as a masterpiece of His great design. Our future that we worry so much about is just a memory to Him. Isn't He good? Thanks for the update! You have such beautiful boys! Hope you don't mind me calling them beautiful! ;) I know you're a great mommy and wife!